List of Universal Laser Cutters:
- ILS with a 24″x48″ bed and two 75 watt lasers
- 2 PLS-660 with an 18'x32' bed and 75 watt lasers
- VLS-660 with an 18″x32″ bed and 50 watt laser
- X-660 with an 18″x32″ bed and 50 watt laser
- V-460 with an 18″x24″ bed and a 45 watt laser
Files Available for Download
If you will not be using the CED computer labs and would like to get estimates for laser cut job length (recommended) follow these instructions to install the UCP Universal laser drivers on your computer:
Scheduling a Remote Service Laser Cutter Job
Staff will be taking remote service laser cutter appointments. The lab has a first-come-first-served scheduling system that breaks out laser cutting reservations in 1/2 hour slots. Submitted jobs may take longer than a 1/2 hour to cut. Students are limited to two reservations per day and are also encouraged to group cutting into more efficient lay-outs. The following workflow details the process for preparing and submitting a job request:
- Download and use the template above to layout files for cutting and indicate which material(s) should be purchased. Papercut funds must be present for materials requested before the job starts.
- Use the Scheduler to make an appointment and either provide a link to the prepared rhino file with bbox or google drive or upload <2MB to the Scheduler.
- The file will be reviewed and if approved the material will be purchased and cut by staff.
- On job completion an email note will indicate the parts are ready for pickup in the shop yard with a combination for a specified locker.
Turn around time may be 24-48 hours from the appointment time and may increase during periods of high demand. All jobs will be done as soon as possible and could be completed sooner than the projected lead time.
Laser Materials available for Remote Service Cutting
MuseumBoard - 4Ply 32" x 40"
Cardboard - C-Flute 30" x 24"
Plywood - 3mm (1/8") and 6mm (1/4") x 18" x 30"
Acrylic - 1/16", 1/8", 1/4” x 18" x 32"