- Telecommunications: Relay Calls
- Campus Transportation & Parking
- UCOP IT Accessibility Policy
- UC Berkeley Campus Resources
- Accessible Writing
If you include a phone number in your email signature or on your business card, you must add “711 the California Relay.” A person who is Deaf, hard of hearing, or has speech disabilities may call you using the California Relay Service (CRS) to communicate by telephone.
If you receive a call from someone using the relay system, a communications assistant will mediate your conversation using a TTY, a small telecommunications device with a keyboard for typing and a screen or paper for reading conversations. When you receive a relay call, the assistant will ask, “Have you received a relay call before?” If not, the assistant will give a brief introduction on what to do during a relay call.
The Loop golf cart provides intra-campus rides for eligible faculty, staff, and students with disabilities on a first-come, first-served basis. This service assists students, staff, and visitors with mobility disabilities (including temporary disability as a result of injury) and visual impairments. Find out more about the Loop or fill out this request form.
UC Berkeley Parking & Transportation offers several wheelchair-accessible shuttle routes free of charge to campus community members. The perimeter line circumnavigates campus and stops at the Downtown Berkeley Bart Station. The Hill line shuttles between campus and the Space Sciences Lab/ MSRI.
Accessible parking is available on campus. View/share this map for locations.
Find out more about accessibility on campus.
The university seeks to deploy information technology that has been designed, developed, or procured to be accessible to people with disabilities, including those who use assistive technologies.
- Web Page Edits
- Brand Guides and Resources
- Editorial style guide
- Email signatures
- Promotional Images
- College and department logos + letterheads
Computing + Technology
- Staff Computing Support
- Faculty Computing Support
More faculty services available through the CED Help Desk:
- Card key access to Bauer Wurster Hall
- Request space on bCourses
- Website development and hosting
- Other web services for faculty, including data storage
- Room + AV Reservations
The college's human resources team provides highly effective and efficient human resource services to all employees, assisting them in achieving their desired career goals at CED and UC Berkeley.
HR provides leadership and direction, consulting, and coordination in the areas of staff classification, compensation, recruitment, employment, employee and labor relations, leaves, performance management, staff employee development, and interpretation of UC system-wide personnel policies and collective bargaining agreements, and training.
Academic Personnel provides leadership, coordination, and consulting services in applying academic personnel policies and procedures in recruitment, advancement, compensation, and employee relations for academic appointees within CED.
For all CED HR and academic needs, please email or visit us in 230 Bauer Wurster Hall.
HR Resources for Faculty
- Reviews, Advancement, and Policies
- External Activities/Conflicts
- Other Resources
- CED Academic Personnel Case Deadline Calendar
- Faculty Merit and Promotion Reviews
- Requirements for Review Cases
- Merit Cases / Other Case (Deadlines) – Forthcoming
- Promotion Cases (Deadlines) – Forthcoming
- CED Guidelines for Appointment and Advancement (2022)
- Entering Achievement Records (APBears Resources Website)
- Entering Information into Achievements (Powerpoint)
- Academic Personnel at Berkeley Electronic Achievement and Review System
- UC System-wide policies on academic personnel
- Overview of UC and Berkeley policies for faculty appointment, advancement, and retention
UC Conflict of Commitment Policy and Procedure
Submitting your annual certificate is required every year even if you have not engaged in any outside activities for the fiscal year. For guides on how to submit annual certifications, click the links below.
Leaves – Sabbatical/Research/Other (Faculty Only)
- Leaves and Workload Modifications for Certain Senate Faculty Series
- Ladder-rank faculty and Lecturers with Security of Employment have access to a number of leave and workload modification options to support them in attending to personal or family related needs ranging from the birth or adoption of a child to medical conditions affecting the faculty member or someone in their family.
- Workload Plan
- Workload modifications may include (but are not limited to) replacing teaching with additional service; performing instructional or service activities remotely, rather than in-person; arranging with a colleague to cover class, advising, or service activities. Make sure to provide sufficient detail.
- Department Faculty Leave Policy and Procedures
Find people and create/update your listing in the CalNet Directory.
Benefits at UC
HR Resources for Lecturers
- Unit 18 Contracts
Lecturers and other non-senate instructional titles are often referred to as “Unit 18 or IX titles” and are covered by a Non-Senate Instructional Unit Contract and exclusively represented by the UC-AFT.
HR Resources for Staff
- General Employee Resources
In the event of an emergency, call 911.
Emergency 911 calls from cell phones are initially routed away from campus and can result in a longer response time. You may also call the following numbers:
- UC Berkeley Police: 510.642.3333
- City of Berkeley Police: 510.981.5911
- Non-Emergency UC Berkeley Police: 510.642.6760
- Non-Emergency City of Berkeley Police: 510.981.5900
- Night Safety Escort Service: 510.642.9255