CED provides AV equipment and services for CED faculty, students, and staff for classroom presentations, evening lectures, conferences, reviews, and special events. The audio/visual office is located in 103 Bauer Wurster Hall.
- Operates a loan office (103 Bauer Wurster) for audio and video equipment used in Bauer Wurster and building courtyards
- Maintains AV in CED's instructional spaces (Bauer Wurster lecture halls and seminar/classrooms)
- Loans AV equipment for use in Bauer Wurster's Gallery (coordinate gallery use via building manager)
- Assists with AV equipment delivery, setup, and use throughout Bauer Wurster
- Assists with connecting laptops to the existing fixed or mobile AV systems
- Provides video recording (limited to Bauer Wurster, CED auxilary sites and campus locations)
- Provides Orivude video duplication (limited formats: including VHS, S-VHS, 8mm, Hi-8, and Mini-DV)
- Assists with Skype and Zoom communication/conferencing
- Assists with Vimeo event livestreaming and posting
- Reviews space setup for AV deployment (including display boards and lighting)
- Manages installation and repair of smart boards, white and chalk boards
- Manages installation of monitors in classrooms
- Responsible for kiosk hardware maintenance and repair or replacement
Loaning Equipment FAQ
- Who can check out equipment?
- Can I check out equipment for use in other venues?
- When can I check out equipment?
- How long can I check out equipment for?
- What about checking out laptops?
- Available Audio and Video Equipment
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Office Clean Out or Review Equipment
Any current CED faculty, staff, or student can check out equipment for use ONLY in Bauer Wurster or the courtyards.
In general, CED equipment are NOT loaned for use in other venues. It is stronly suggested people use that venue’s AV services.
There are only two exceptions:
- If the event is CED-sponsored and if AV staff are hired to transport, operate, and return the equipment:
- at Blake Gardens or Haven’s House (CED auxillary sites)
- or if the activity at another venue only needs to be recorded
- If the event is a CED-sponsored activity at a venue without projectors, we will loan a bulb-based portable projector only (no other equipment)
- AV Staff are available, for reimbursement, if providing a service within or around Bauer Wurster, CED auxillary sites, or campus facilities. CED-IIT does not provide services outside of these local areas.
The AV office is open Monday through Friday, only during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. In-between semesters, during holidays, and Spring Break the AV office is closed and staff are not available to loan out equipment. (Please note, only the AV staff are allowed to enter the Loan Office and loan out equipment; please do not ask other staff to assist.)
All equipment can be checked out for a 24 hour period or over the weekend. We do not have equipment to loan for a week, month or semester.
The AV office has laptops that are available for loan; only 1 of those can be checked out for use outside of Bauer Wurster.
As technology changes, parts for maintaining equipment become unavailable, and skills to operate and maintain older technology fades. As a result, older instructional technology is being phased out across the campus. CED has instituted an analog sunset; what this means is that once the bolded items in the list below break, the equipment will not be replaced as we move to newer technologies.
- Projectors on a cart and portable projection screens
- 5- Portable bulb-based projectors
- 5- PC Laptops for presentations (software includes Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Cables to connect laptops to projectors (VGA, HDMI, etc)
- Digital video camcorder (includes battery, charger, and tripod)
- Digital cameras and tripods
- Digital audio recorder and portable sound
- Portable lighting equipment
- Portable white boards and markers
- DVD Player (only has RCA output)
- Wheeled cart
- Furniture dollys
- Hand truck
- Vacuum cleaner
- 4 foot step-stools (CED does not loan out ladders)