All CED Summer Programs will begin on Monday, July 3, 2023.
Tuition & Fees for All Summer Programs*
|Domestic students||International students|
|Tuition & Fees||$4508 (1 unit)||$7188|
|embARC Program Housing Fee||$4790||$4790|
IMPORTANT: All tuition and fees must be paid in full prior to the beginning of the program. CED Summer Program students are not automatically dropped from the program for non-payment or non-attendance in the summer term. If you do not plan to attend, you must drop your class(es) before the refund deadlines (see table above), or you will be financially responsible for the fees. Enrolling in a CED Summer Program after the cancellation deadline for full tuition refund means that you accept financial responsibility for the program fees.
- Detailed Tuition & Fees (2022)
The following tuition and fees are subject to change. Any changes for 2023 will be published as soon as 2023 data becomes available:
- Summer Sessions registration fee: $25
- Document Management fee: $65
- UC Berkeley Registration fee: $500
- CED Summer Program tuition (all students): $3400
- Unit Charge: $595 per unit for visiting students
- International service fee: $400 (international students only)
Please go to Summer Session Fees for further information. Some fees are lower or waived for current UC or UC Berkeley students.
|Application opens||Dec 15, 2022||Dec 15, 2022||Dec 15, 2022||Dec 15, 2022|
Priority application deadline*
Application deadline for financial assistance
Program Application Deadline
Cancellation Deadline for a full tuition refund**
Withdrawal Deadline*** for a Summer Session fee refund
To be announced
To be announced
To be announced
To be announced
see respective program
* Applicants that meet the required qualifications and submit a complete application - including a thoughtful answer to the essay question, transcripts and recommendation letter - will the receive the strongest consideration for acceptance into the program.
** Admitted students that enroll after this deadline are financially responsible for the CED Summer Programs fee.
*** Withdrawal deadline for Summer Sessions fee refund - also see https://summer.berkeley.edu/registration/schedule (Session D)
|Special deadlines for on-campus housing for the embARC program only:|
|On-campus housing application deadline||May 15|
Cancellation deadline for full housing fee refund minus $300 processing fee
Cancellation deadline for 35% of housing fees refund
Incredibly immersive, and profound experience! So glad I got to share and explore a new area of study with people from different ages and backgrounds. I had an outstanding teaching team! Grateful and lucky for all their support and dedication during the 6 weeks of the program.
-Summer [In]stitute Graduate
CED Summer Programs have a small number of need-based scholarships and stipends available to accepted students. These need-based scholarships are available for US citizens or permanent residents only. CED Summer Program financial assistance is not federally subsidized.
Following are the specific requirements for financial assistance consideration:
- The funds are need-based awards, which means that funding is based on the financial situation of the student (and their parents, if applicable).
- The program application AND the financial assistance application must be submitted before the deadline in order to be considered for financial aid. See the table above for the financial assistance application deadline.
- Program applicants must indicate their interest in receiving financial assistance with the submission of their program application in SlideRoom.
- Upon acceptance into the program, applicants that indicated an interest in receiving financial assistance will be sent a link to the scholarship application.
- Requests for financial assistance will not be considered without a complete program application. Late financial assistance applications will only be considered if financial assistance funds have not been depleted or if additional funds become available.
- Award amounts vary. Applicants who are offered financial support are expected to inform us immediately if they plan on accepting it.
- Applicants who receive a partial scholarship (stipend) will be required to pay the full balance of the program fees prior to the start of the program.
- Since funds are limited, we encourage interested students to apply to the program as early as possible in order to meet the financial assistance deadline and before funds are exhausted (which could occur before the scholarship application deadline).
Applicants should plan accordingly and make sure that their program application and all required documents are submitted via SlideRoom by the financial assistance application deadline. We cannot guarantee that all applicants who apply for aid will receive financial assistance.