Zünd S3 M-1600 Blade Cutter
EOT- Electric Oscillating Tool: is ideally suited for cutting softer, medium-density materials.
UCT- Unversal Cutting Tool: for through-cutting materials with thicknesses up to approx. 5 mm/3/16“
CTT1- Creasing Tool 1: for processing single-wall corrugated cardboard. This tool accommodates crease wheels with a diameter of 61 mm/2.4” and a width of 20 mm/.8”
CTT2 - Creasing Tool 2: a universally applicable crease tool. It accommodates a wide range of crease wheels
DRT - Driven Rotary Tool: a cutting tool for fabrics and technical textiles, has high processing speeds
MAM-SE - Marker Module Electric: allows for marking and labeling of various materials
Users of the Blade Cutter will need to purchase their own base materials to be cut. Staff will purchase the materials specified via Papercut on job approval. The common knives or bits will be provided during Covid-19 modified services.
FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD
- Files must be clean and well-constructed
- Include a rectangle indicating the material edge around the parts laid out for cutting
- Parts should be spaced ~0.25" from each other and 0.5" from the edge of the material
- Use as few control points as possible
- Small radius curves (e.g. holes) will break the blade and may not be approved
- A template is available on this web page
Museum Board - 4Ply 32" x 40"
Foam Core Board 32" x 40" x 3/16"
Strathmore Bristol 100lb 19" x 24"
A more comprehensive list of materials that can be cut is made avaiable during in person orientation.