- High school students who will be seniors in fall 2021, and exceptional students who will be juniors in fall 2021.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Applicants whose official language of instruction is not English must demonstrate English proficiency as described on the UC Berkeley Summer Sessions website.*
A strong embARC application contains the following:
- A thoughtful, articulate response to the Statement of Intent prompt.
- Transcripts and GPA that show evidence of academic rigor and intellectual curiosity.
- A letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counselor, principal, or another professional who can comment on either your academic achievements, work ethic, intellect, creativity, professional goals and/or ability to succeed in a rigorous pre-college program. We cannot accept recommendation letters from friends or family members.
- English language proficiency (both in terms of exam scores and caliber of the written statement).
To be considered for the program, you must submit the following by the application deadline:
- Completed embARC online application with essay.
- $50 application fee.
- High school transcripts that include all grades from 9th grade through the fall semester preceding your application.
- Letter of recommendation from a high school guidance counselor, teacher, principal or community leader.
- International students should check this web page for additional requirements.
What Happens Next?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning in mid-February. Early submissions are welcome. Only complete applications will be reviewed. We will notify all applicants of the status of their application via email. If you are accepted for admission to the program, you will receive detailed instructions from the CED Summer Programs Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) on how to register through UC Berkeley Summer Sessions.