- High school students who will be seniors in fall 2017, and exceptional students who will be juniors in fall 2017.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency as described on the UC Berkeley Summer Sessions website.*
To be considered for the program, you must submit the following by the application deadline:
- Completed embARC online application with essay
- $30 application fee
- High school transcripts that include all grades from 9th grade through the fall semester preceding your application
- Letter of recommendation from a high school guidance counselor, teacher, principal or community leader
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning in mid-February. Early submissions are welcomed. Only complete applications will be reviewed. We will notify all applicants of the status of their application via email. If you are accepted for admission to the program, you will receive detailed instructions on how to register through UC Berkeley Summer Sessions.
*If you are sitting for a language exam and will not receive the results before the international application deadline, submit your application without the score. If you are accepted to the program, you will receive a "conditional accept" that will become official when we receive your passing test scores. Test scores must be received by May 6 at the latest. We encourage you to review this information to determine whether you qualify for an English Proficiency Requirement waiver.