|Deadline||International Students||Domestic Students|
|Application Opens||December 15, 2019||same|
|Scholarship Application Deadline||N/A||March 27|
|Program Begins||July 6||same|
|Cancellation Deadline for a full refund||July 10||same|
|Program commences||August 14||same|
embARC 2020 Tuition and Fees
|Student Profile||Tuition and Fees||Housing||Total|
All tuition and fees must be paid in full prior to the beginning of the session in order to avoid being dropped from the program. Please go to Student Billing and Services and Summer Session Fees for further information.
In addition, a $50 application fee must accompany each application.
"Thank you all for creating such a dynamic summer program. The [embARC] staff was nothing short of fantastic. Each day they arrived fully vested with awesome energy. Each week they continued to mentor and find ways to listen, help and motivate our student. As a family, many summer night dinners we sat and listened - enthralled really, as our student discussed, shared and even showed us about all the amazing things he had learned, or studied that day. He felt connected. He really enjoyed your local architect speaker and what motivated him to become an architect and designer. He also enjoyed meeting and working with students from around the Bay, country and globe. He gained new perspectives, experiences, and insights. Fabulous program! We hope you continue to expand, help, motivate, and enrich the summers for future students."
embARC has a small number of need-based scholarships available to accepted students. These need-based scholarships are available for US citizens or permanent residents only.
Scholarship award amounts are based on:
- financial need
- the student's academic achievement
- completion of the embARC program application and financial aid forms
Program applicants can indicate their interest in receiving financial aid when they complete and submit their embARC application in SlideRoom. Interested applicants will receive additional information on how to apply for aid upon acceptance into the program. Applicants who wish to be considered for a scholarship must submit their slideroom application before March 27, 2020.
Award amounts vary. Applicants who receive a scholarship should inform us immediately if they plan on accepting it. Also, applicants that receive partial scholarships will be required to pay the full balance of the program fees prior to the start of the program.
Since scholarship funds are limited, we encourage interested students to apply to the program as early as possible in order to meet the scholarship deadline and before funds are exhausted (which could occur before the scholarship deadline). We cannot guarantee that all applicants who apply for aid will receive scholarship assistance.
Required scholarship application materials:
- a completed embARC application form
- a thoughtful and thorough response to the essay questions and statement of intent on the embARC application
- a letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor, teacher or a mentor
- submission of school transcripts
- a completed financial aid application form
Families have also shared with us ideas they have used for grassroots fundraising campaigns of their own. Here are some suggestions:
- Crowdfunding through sites such as gofundme.com
- Reaching out to friends, family, local businesses, civic organizations and churches
- Using social media
- Researching and modeling fundraising methods used by your high school's student clubs
Course Cancellation and Refund Policy
CED reserves the right to cancel any course for which there is insufficient enrollment for a full refund, and to withdraw or modify course offerings.
If a student needs to cancel or withdraw from the program, they should do the following:
- Email email@example.com to inform us that they would like to withdraw from the program.
- Go to this link and follow the instructions on how to cancel/withdraw via their CalCentral account.