Disc* applicants should meet the following admission criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a community college or university.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Fulfill Summer Sessions' and Disc*'s English proficiency requirements. (*international students only.)
A strong Disc* application contains the following:
- A thoughtful, articulate response to the Statement of Intent prompt.
- Transcripts and GPA that show evidence of academic rigor and intellectual curiosity.
- a CV/resume that is broadly relevant to the Disc* course content and the field of design in general.
- English language proficiency (both in terms of exam scores and quality of the written statement).
Students from any college or university are eligible. No prior experience in design is necessary.
To be considered for the program, you must submit the following:
- Completed Disc* online application with statement of purpose.
- $50 application fee.
- Current college transcripts.
- Current resume/CV.
- Passing English language scores. (*international students only.)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning in mid-February. Early submissions are welcomed. Only complete applications will be reviewed. We will notify all applicants of the status of their application via email. If you are accepted for admission to the program, you will receive detailed instructions from firstname.lastname@example.org on how to register and enroll through UC Berkeley Summer Sessions.
*The Disc* program requires international applicants who submit English proficiency exam scores that are at or just above the minimum to take the Duolingo English test. International applicants who qualify for an English proficiency waiver are not required to submit language test scores. We encourage you to review this information to determine whether you qualify for an English Proficiency Requirement waiver.