2022 UC Berkeley CEDSOC Peer Review Program for MLA Applicants
The College of Environmental Design Students of Color (CEDSOC) at UC Berkeley is excited to announce our Peer Review Program for the 2023-2024 application cycle.
CEDSOC strives to support and recruit students of color, first generation, low-income, and LGBTQ identities into historically underrepresented fields such as architecture, landscape architecture, and city and regional planning. As part of this goal, the Peer Review Program pairs interested applicants with current students who can support them with effectively communicating their skills and experience in their applications. Peer review program participants can choose one of the two options based on how far along they are with their application.
- Meet virtually with a current student to discuss their ideas or general questions about the admissions process. A completed application draft is not required, but it would be helpful to at least have some ideas in mind ahead of time.
- Get feedback on a completed application draft from a current student via email. They can also answer questions about the admissions process but meeting virtually is optional.
- Participation in the peer review program does not guarantee admission
- All information will be kept confidential
- All reviewers are current students who do not represent nor have they been trained by the Graduate Admissions Committee.
We cannot guarantee that every interested applicant will be paired because this program depends entirely on students who volunteer their time. But we will begin pairing interested applicants and current students on a rolling basis starting on October 21st so the sooner that you complete the interest form the better!
We will match interested applicants and current students until November 18th with all peer review activities completed by November 27th so that current students have time/space to prepare for finals. Our hope is that the two options for support will create a low-barrier peer review process for prospective students of color.
If you are interested in participating in the peer review program, please complete the following interest form.