Germano Milono (1913-1978)
Germano Milono was born in Vestigne, Italy, and between 1934-1935 taught architectural design for the museum extension of the WPA in Pennsylvania. In 1937 Milono received his architecture degree from Carnegie Institute of Technology; he acquired his California architecture license in 1947. In 1969 he was invested as a Fellow of the AIA. He was appointed membership to the State Board of Architectural Examiners from 1964-1969 and was a member of the Housing Authority of the City and County of San Francisco from 1966-1969.
The Milono collection consists of records, drawings, photographs, and papers. Working mostly in California and Nevada, Germano Milono & Associates took on educational, civic, commercial, medical, religious, planning, and single-family residential projects. The firm collaborated with structural engineer T.Y. Lin and landscape architect Thomas D. Church. Notable projects include renovations to several buildings on the University of California, Berkeley campus, the UC Santa Cruz campus Social Sciences Building, and Sonoma State College Library. Milono also worked extensively on the Santa Catalina School for Girls in Monterey, California, and designed several religious projects.