IMPORTANT: All official communication from UC Berkeley and the College of Environmental Design will go to your UC Berkeley email address. Please check this address frequently.
Choosing Your First-Semester Courses
After you accept UC Berkeley's offer of admission, you will receive information about Golden Bear Orientation and Golden Bear Advising from New Student Services. After you complete the on-line orientation assignments, you will be able to enroll in classes using Cal Central, UC Berkeley's course enrollment system.
Your major handbook contains information about your graduation requirements and includes a sample graduation plan.
- Architecture Major Handbook [2017-18, PDF]
- Landscape Architecture Major Handbook [2017-18, PDF]
- Sustainable Environmental Design Major Handbook [2017-18, PDF]
- Urban Studies Major Handbook [2017-18, PDF]
- Individual Major Handbook (2017-18 Admits)
Evaluation of Transfer Work
To make your transition to UC Berkeley as smooth as possible, it is important for you to complete the transfer evaluation process as soon as possible. Your registration will be blocked if you have not submitted all required course evaluation documentation. Contact Nancy Trinh immediately at email@example.com if you have questions.
UC Berkeley Transfer Student Center
The Transfer Student Center serves a diverse population of students and is dedicated to providing programs and services in support of the academic and personal success of transfer, re-entry, and student parents. The transfer center offers a variety of services including:
- A one-unit orientation course designed just for you: Education 198 Strategies for Success at Cal for Transfer Students
- Mentorship and internship opportunities
- Scholarships and prizes
- A community center for studying, reading, relaxing, and meeting other students