Congratulations on your approaching graduation!
Complete your CED Senior Survey and RSVP for CED’s commencement by March 9.
- Double check that all your graduation requirements are complete.
- Update your diploma mailing address on CalCentral. Click on your picture, select Profile and Contact Information. Alternately, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: your full name as it appears on your student ID, your student ID number, and your Long Term Diploma Mailing Address.
- Submit a CED Minor Completion Form if you are finishing a CED minor.
- Complete your CED senior survey and RSVP for CED’s commencement.
- In April, attend the Grad Fair or order cap and gown from Cal Student Store.
- Pick up your tickets for commencement.
- Obtain tickets for the campus-wide convocation, if interested.
- Join UC Berkeley's online alumni community to find friends, search for jobs, and manage your email forwarding.
- Join WursterLife to expand your CED network and stay connected with classmates.
- Want to keep your @berkeley.edu email address for free? Only AFTER you see "Bachelor of Arts Awarded on XX (date)" on your CalCentral dashboard (which may take up to 3-4 months), go to cal.berkeley.edu, and log in with your CalNet ID and passphrase. You have 9 months to claim your @berkeley.edu email address after your degree has been conferred.
Confirm your semester of Expected Graduation via CalCentral. If your Expected Graduation is not accurate, contact a CED adviser.
You do not have to be enrolled at Berkeley for your semester of Expected Graduation.
Certifying Completion of a Minor
Meet with a CED adviser no later than the fifth week of your final semester to review your completed paperwork for minor certification and ensure that your minor will appear in the CED commencement program and on your transcript. The CED Minor Completion form is available on the CED Forms + Documents page.
Graduating with Honors
To graduate with distinction, you must meet the grade-point average (GPA) requirement and complete at least 50 units in residence at Berkeley (this may include UCB Extension XB units and up to 20 units from UCDC or EAP), of which 43 units must be letter-graded (not including physical education activities courses).
Your GPA in all letter-graded courses taken at Berkeley must be equal to or higher than the GPA established for honors in the year in which you graduate. These GPA cut-offs change slightly each year. See Degree Requirements — Honors for this year's honors breakdowns.
CED's Commencement Ceremony
In addition to adding yourself to the degree list, you may also wish to participate in graduation ceremonies or "commencement." CED’s commencement is a college-wide ceremony for graduating students that takes place in Zellerbach Hall. You do not need to be on the spring degree list to participate in commencement. Students need to order caps and gowns and, if graduating with honors, should pick up an honor cord from the Student Bookstore.
You must RSVP online in order to participate in the CED commencement ceremony. You will be directed to the RSVP form after completing the senior graduation survey. By the end of March, undergraduates who have completed the senior graduation survey and RSVP form will be emailed information about how to pick up commencement tickets.
University-wide Commencement Convocation
See http://seniors.berkeley.edu for more information on this UC Berkeley-wide event that also takes place in the Greek Theatre.
Completing Your Final Requirements Elsewhere
Seniors who are completing course work for the degree at another institution should be aware that the term must officially end by:
- December 31 for fall graduates
- May 31 for spring graduates
- August 31 for summer graduates
If the term ends later than those dates, you will not graduate, and you must be added to the expected graduation list for the following term.
Send your final official transcript to:
Office of Undergraduate Advising
College of Environmental Design
250 Wurster Hall #1800
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-1800
Transcripts are due the Friday of the sixth week after the end of the term (Expected Graduation term).
- Diplomas for undergraduates will be mailed automatically.
- Diplomas are usually available 3-1/2 months after graduation.
- Unclaimed diplomas are held for five years, after which they are shredded.
For more information, see the Diplomas & Graduation section of the Registrar's Office or call (510) 642-6765.
Requesting Official Documentation
If a prospective employer or graduate school needs proof of graduation after Cal Central says your degree has been conferred but before you have received your diploma, you can request an official transcript via Cal Central. See the Office of the Registrar's website for more information.
Registered students who have met all requirements for graduation, have a current Expected Term of Graduation, and need proof of such (before final degrees are conferred) can complete an Expedited Degree Check-out form. See the Office of the Registrar's website for more information and a link to the form.
Alumni Associations and Services
The Cal Alumni Association offers benefits, events, and services to graduates who join. We also welcome you to become active members of the CED alumni community. See the UC Berkeley Alumni website for listings of other campus alumni associations and activities.
Want to keep your @berkeley.edu email address for free? Only AFTER you see "Bachelor of Arts Awarded on XX (date)" on your CalCentral dashboard (which may take up to 3-4 months), go to cal.berkeley.edu, and log in with your CalNet ID and passphrase. You have 9 months to claim your @berkeley.edu email address after your degree has been conferred.
Alumni of any University of California campus who have a paid membership in any of the ten campus alumni associations may obtain a UC Berkeley library card. Alternately, you may purchase a borrowing card from the library. See the University Library's Information for Alumni and Visitors website.