For CED Student Organization Recognition
Effective Summer 2018
All current and future student groups of CED must meet the following requirements to be recognized as a CED Student Organization:
- Officially registered with the LEAD Center. Register online here. Once you are registered, send confirmation of status to CED Community Fellow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ASUC Sponsorship. Please apply online through the Associate Students at the University of California (ASCU) Cal Link page. After completing this form, please provide confirmation of sponsorship to CED Community Fellow
- Send official current leadership roster to the CED Community Fellow with position of members and contact information of executive members.
- If leadership changed in mid-semester or mid-year, we ask that you send updates to the CED Community Fellow.
Why should we become a ‘Recognized’ CED Student Organization?
- Free access to facilities and other event planning resources in Wurster Hall
- Non-affiliated groups pay a fee!
- Eligible for CED funds that will be allocated through ASUC Sponsorship
- Automatic reservation for CED outreach and social events (welcome week, CED Community Fellow events, Cal Day, etc.)
- Listed on the CED website
Why this new implementation of policy?
- Better organization of processes and procedures — for better communication, allocation of resources, and stronger student culture in CED
- Liability and protection — By registering under the LEAD Center, your organization is protected legally. See here for more info.
- LEAD Center provides online resources to better support your organization,
Questions? Contact email@example.com.