Audio/Video Equipment Loan Policies
Who can check out equipment?
Any current CED faculty, staff, or student can check out equipment for use in Wurster or the Courtyard.
Can I check out equipment for use in other venues?
In general, CED equipment are not loaned for use in other venues; it is stronly suggested people use the venue's AV services. There are only two exceptions:
- If the event is CED-sponsored and if AV staff are hired to transport, operate, and return the equipment:
- at Blake Gardens or Haven's House (CED auxillary sites)
- or if the activity at another venue only needs to be recorded
- If the event is a CED-sponsored activity at a venue without projectors, we will loan a bulb-based portable projector only (no other equipment)
When can I check out equipment?
The AV office is open Monday through Friday, only during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. In-between semesters, during holidays, and Spring Break the AV office is closed and staff are not available to loan out equipment. (Please note, only the AV staff are allowed to enter the Loan Office and loan out equipment; please do not ask other staff to assist.)
What about checking out Laptops?
The AV office has laptops that are available for loan; only one of those can be checked out for use outside of Wurster. These laptops are loaned for a 24 hour or weekend use only; we do not have laptops that can be checked out for the semester, a month, or even a week as we need to meet the various other needs of the CED community.
Available Audio/Video Equipment
As technology changes, parts for maintaining equipment become unavailble, and skills to operate and maintain older technology fades. As a result, older instructional technology is being phased out across the campus. CED has instituted an analog sunset; what this means is that once the bolded items in the list below break, the equipment will not be replaced as we move to newer technologies.
- Projectors on a cart and portable projection screens
- 5- Portable bulb-based projectors
- 5- PC Laptops for presentations (software includes Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Cables to connect laptops to projectors (VGA, HDMI, etc)
- Digital video camcorder (includes battery, charger, and tripod)
- Digital cameras and tripods
- Digital audio recorder and portable sound
- Portable lighting equipment
- Portable white boards and markers
- DVD Player (only has RCA output)
Office, Cleanout, or Review Equipment
- Wheeled cart
- Furniture dollys
- Hand truck
- Vacuum cleaner
- 4 foot step-stools (CED does not loan out ladders)