The Visual Resources Center (VRC) currently holds more than 82,000 digital images, 300,000 35mm slides, 35,000 glass lantern slides, and 20,000 mounted study photographs. Our images cover a broad subject area, including buildings, gardens, cities, artworks, and cultural objects from pre-history to the present day.
- UC Berkeley Visual Resources Collection in ARTstor — http://www.artstor.org/ — approximately 90,000 images from the former SPIRO database, alongside shared UC ARTstor digital collections - a total of more than a million images.
- A Digital Archive of the Architecture of Charity: Venice c. 1100-1797
- Visual Resources Center Collections in the Online Archive of California
The Visual Resources Center holds and cares for the teaching slide collections of the three departments in the college of Environmental Design, as well as personal collections of teaching and research slides from former and current faculty.
Special collections include:
- Harold Stump World Architecture Slide Collection
- Joseph Esherick Travel Slides, 1962-1979
- Raymond Lifchez Gift Slide Collection
- Denise Scott Brown Collection, 1965 (teaching slides)
- Walter Stileberg
- Herwin Schaefer
- Alan Jacobs
- Francis Violich
- Warren Callister
- Kenneth Cardwell
- Sim Van Der Ryn
- Donald Olsen
- Henry Lagorio
and many others.