Survey Deadline has been extended to Friday, June 9, 2017
For the past 17 years, DesignIntelligence has conducted and published the results of America's Best Architecture & Design Schools survey. The survey asks hiring professionals and students (new this year) to provide their perspective on the strengths of Landscape Architecture programs throughout the United States. The professional survey should be taken by professionals working at firms that hire landscape architects. These surveys are considered a leading resource in ranking College programs on the basis of their ability to prepare graduates for professional practice.
We are really proud of our Department!
- Our award-winning, multidisciplinary faculty collaborate to teach students to develop inspired landscapes plans and designs informed by ecological, social, and aesthetic inquiry.
- New faculty have joined the department with specialities in: urban design and design theory; applied ecology and remote sensing; design and visualization; design and plant technologies; and, design and social practices.
- The Bay Area is an extraordinary laboratory for our field-based studios where the diversity of communities, ecotones, and built environments present an unparalleled array of landscape conditions to instigate pedagogical discovery.
- Our students are award-winners. For three years in a row an LAEP student won the Student Honor Award in Design from the American Society of Landscape Architects presented at the ASLA Annual Meeting. Our student journal, Ground Up, twice garnered the ASLA Student Honor Award in Communications.
- Students have the opportunity to engage in travel-based studios around the country and across the world. This past year students undertook projects in to Nevada, Detroit, Ecuador, Portugal, Japan, and Mexico.
Landscape Architecture Hiring Professionals Survey:
The hiring professionals survey takes approximately 15 minutes to complete. All surveys are validated and answers remain confidential. However, DesignIntelligence may post a list of companies that responded to the survey.
Student and Young Alumni Landscape Architecture Survey: (Current Students and 2015 and 2016 graduation dates)
New this year is a survey for current students and recent alumni who graduated from CED within the past 24 months. The survey takes approximately 15 minutes to complete. The survey will validate that you are an actual student or recent alumni before you begin. All answers remain confidential.
Results from these surveys will be published in the third quarter edition of DesignIntelligence Quarterly in September 2017.