Distinguished Visiting Fellows are designers, practitioners and researchers with experience in environmental design. This group of CED emeriti faculty, alumni, and highly-regarded practitioners offer students a chance to network with some of the most influential figures in the field and learn from one another. With over 200 students annually presenting their work at the Circus, CED's Visiting Fellows make an enormous impact on the work of the next generation of environmental design professionals.
When is Circus?
The 2018 Circus at the College of Environmetal Design takes place on Friday, March 2, 2018 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
What to Expect:
On March 2, CED’s students, faculty and Distinguished Visiting Fellows converge at Wurster Hall from 11am-7pm for a day of reviews, presentations, and discussions.
- Following registration, department presentations showcasing innovative faculty work will start the day.
- Students and Visiting Fellows will then have an opportunity to connect during the networking lunch in the Wurster Courtyard.
- In the afternoon, Visiting Fellows will disperse into smaller groups organized by focused area of study to review student work.
- In addition to design studio projects, students will present posters on research and professional projects spanning a wide range of topics.
- Exceptional student work selected by the Visiting Fellows will be recognized at the Student Recognition Ceremony after reviews. The day will close with a late afternoon reception.
The Circus is a great opportunity to engage with the CED community and influence the next generation of environmental design professionals. To confirm your attendance at the 2018 Circus, please respond by January 19, 2018. Feel free to contact us at 510.642.7459 or email@example.com with questions.