- M.Arch., Harvard Graduate School of Design
- B.Arch., Tulane University
- Intermediate School, The Architectural Association
- Philosophy Statement
The sensibilities that underlie my work attempt to acknowledge that we operate in times of competing cultural, ecological and architectural circumstances, that we do best when we strive for an architecture that addresses disparate realms of consideration, and that this implied mediation is a rich source of content for how one can position the making of things in the world.
I believe in the possibility of an intensely beneficial reciprocity between the worlds of learning and practice, worlds often positioned at odds with each other to the detriment of both. I know I am better at both for my commitment to each, and I believe it is in straddling these worlds that thought can best inform action.
Roddy Creedon is the principal of Allied Architecture and Design. The work of Allied has received numerous citations for excellence in design, and has been broadly published in both books and journals. The work of the office tends towards two distinct, but related bodies of investigation. The first body of work centers around buildings, and specifically, upon a conviction that architecture relies upon a refined sense of material development for the best elucidation of its ideas. A second body of work concerns the internal life of architecture, and often involves a more extensive design of complete environments. The collective interests these bodies of work map out provides the office a terrain for exploring architecture from its most abstract to its most tactile, from the realm of ideas to the world of material poetics.
- Courses Taught
- ARCH 100A Fundamentals of Architectural Design
- ARCH 100B Fundamentals of Architectural Design
- ARCH 100C Architectural Design III
- ARCH 100D Architectural Design IV
- ARCH 202 Architecture - Advance Studio Option
- ARCH 207 Professional Practice Colloquium
- ENV DES 11B Introduction to Design