- Bachelor of Arts in Architecture 2003 - University of California Berkeley
- Master of Architecture 2009 - University of California Berkeley
Alan Tse was born in Hong Kong, China in 1980. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Architecture from University of California, Berkeley in 2003. After joining Stanley Saitowitz | Natoma Archi¬tects Inc. in 2003, he has launched a series of award-winning commercial design projects in the Bay Area, including W-Hotel San Francisco, Conduit Restaurant, Mizu Spa, Vim & Vigor Salon, and Toast Novato. He furthered his education in Architecture through the Master of Architecture program at University of California Berkeley after receiving the departmental scholarship, and has earned the M. Arch degree in 2009.
Alan Tse Design was formed in 2011, a San Francisco based architectural design practice specializing in Architecture, Commercial Interiors, Custom Residential Design, and vari¬ous Hospitality Design projects. The practice aims to provide both innovative and pragmatic design solutions by bridging architectural and interior design approaches. Each design project is individually tailored and adapted to materialize clients’ vision in the lens of architecture. The practice has 8 active projects from schematic design to construction documents, including 9 built commercial interiors, 3 built residential remodel, and 3 restaurants and commercial interior projects in construction. He teaches fundamental architectural design studio at Berkeley and interior design at CCA.
- Awards + Recognition
- International Design Awards 2010 - Landscape Category Second Place
- Opensatelite’s Supermodel 2010 Competition - Honorable Mention
- Eisner Prize in Architecture 2009 - Creative Achievement Of The Highest Order
- AIA - Certificate of Merit 2009 - Henry Adams Fund
- Avant Guardian Architectural Thesis Guide 2009 - Surface Magazine - Departamental Scholarship 2007 - CED - University of California Berkeley