Follow the links below to the Office of the Registrar's website for current schedules of fees and non-resident tuition.
- Undergraduate Degree Programs (all B.A. degree programs)
- Graduate Professional Degree Programs (M.Arch., M.C.P., M.L.A., M.L.A.-E.P., and M.U.D.)
- Graduate Academic Degree Programs (M.A. Design, M.S. Architecture, all Ph.D. programs)
Students in the College of Environmental Design professional degree programs (M.Arch., M.C.P., M.L.A., M.L.A.-E.P., and M.U.D.) pay professional degree supplemental tuition (PDST) each semester.
Students who are enrolled in concurrent degree programs where both programs have PDST pay the higher PDST amount from the two programs, or 80% of the PDST if only one program has the supplemental tuition.
Students who pay PDST enjoy full access to college computing and fabrication facilities and associated services. Students who receive the PDST offset are required to pay access fees for college computing including the Digital Fabrication Lab and the Fabrication Shop if they elect to use those facilities.
Graduate student instructors (GSIs) assigned to teach in a CED computer lab may receive a fee waiver for access to that facility if it is required for instruction.
Residency for purposes of tuition is decided by the campus Residence Deputy — that means the decision is made at a campus-level, by UC Berkeley and not by the University of California. The classifications are based on the Statement of Legal Residence (SLR) and supporting documentation.
Information regarding establishing residency:
- Legal Residence Information in General
- Undergraduate Legal Residence Information
- Graduate Legal Residence Information
- How to Apply for Residency for Tuition Purposes
Additional Material Costs
- Programs like the M.Arch , MLA and MCP, can involve additional costs for drafting supplies, model materials, and software. You can use the Estimated Expenditures Form in your planning for Financial Aid requests.
- To adjust your financial aid request through the campus Finanial Aid Office, first see your departmental office to receive a signature on the completed Estimated Expenditures Form.
To assist students with material expenses, the College opened the CED Materials Store. The store carries drafting, modeling and building materials at very low cost. Many items are less expensive than at outside vendors. Please visit the store regularly to see what is available.
CED Use Fees
Information about the College's studio, computer and printing use and fees is available here.