Graduate Admissions

Concurrent Programs

The College of Environmental Design offers the following concurrent graduate degree programs. Please see the program links below for admissions prerequisites.

Concurrent Programs Within CED

Concurrent Programs With Other Schools and Colleges

Application Instructions

External Applicants

Well-qualified persons may apply directly to both degrees in a concurrent program, although it is possible they may be admitted only to one degree program.

Current UC Berkeley Students

Continuing UC Berkeley students are eligible to apply for a concurrent program during the first semester and prior to the last year (or last two semesters) of their current program. Applications are accepted only during the regular cycle of admission.

Note: Applicants to the Master of City Planning program must have completed or be enrolled in at least one city and regional planning course before applying.

  • Select the applicable concurrent program on the UC Berkeley Graduate Division online application.
  • Submit at least one new letter of recommendation (letter must be from a current UC Berkeley faculty member). Note to Master of City Planning applicants: Letter of recommendation must be from a faculty member in the Department of City and Regional Planning.
  • Submit three academic or professional references. These references may be from your previous application, or they may be faculty in your current department. Note: References do not need to submit letters of recommendation.
  • Submit an unofficial graduate school transcript.
  • Request that your current program's Student Affairs Officer email a copy of your admissions file to the Student Affairs Officer in the department to which you are applying.