- [IN]CITY, [IN]LAND and [IN]ARCH are open to individuals with an undergraduate degree in any discipline. We will also consider exceptional students who will have completed their junior year of college by June 2022.
- [IN]ARCH ADV is open to those who have already obtained an undergraduate degree in the field of architecture or who will complete their junior year in an architecture program by June 2022.
- We recommend a minimum grade-point average of 3.0
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency as described on the UC Berkeley Summer Sessions website.*
A strong Summer Institute application contains the following:
- A thoughtful, articulate response to the Statement of Intent prompt.
- Transcripts and GPA that show evidence of academic rigor and intellectual curiosity.
- a CV/resume that indicates a combination of academic and professional experience, regardless of field.
- English language proficiency (both in terms of exam scores and quality of the written statement).
To be considered for the program, you must submit the following:
- Completed Summer Institute slideroom application with statement of interest
- $80 application fee
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Copy of your most recent unofficial undergraduate transcript
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning in mid-February. Early submissions are welcomed. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
We will notify all applicants of the status of their application via email within one to two weeks of receiving your application. If you are accepted for admission to the program, you will receive from the Summer Programs Office detailed instructions on how to register through CalCentral.