CED welcomes and encourages non-U.S. citizens to participate in the embARC Summer Design Academy.
The online embARC program does not require international students to acquire student visas to attend.
English Proficiency Requirement
embARC requires a passing score on any of the following tests taken within the last three years:
|Acceptable Test||Minimum Score|
|GRE (verbal score)||140 - for tests taken after August 1, 2011|
You are exempt from the English Proficiency Requirement if:
- You are from one of the exempt countries. See the List of Exempt Countries.
- Your university has been granted an exemption based on an Affiliation agreement. Please check our list of International Registration Centers and ask your international adviser.
- You qualify for an English Proficiency Requirement Waiver.
International Student Application and Refund Deadlines
|December 15, 2020||Online application opens|
|June 18, 2021||Cancellation deadline: Contact the CED Summer Programs Office to cancel your enrollment by this date and you will receive a full refund.|
Please go to the Cost + Deadlines page to view additional dates and fees.
International Student Checklist
Before You Apply
- Read the above section on CED Summer Programs Fees, Refunds, and Deadlines policies.
- Read the above section regarding the English Proficiency Requirement.
- Research potential supplemental sources of funding from your government or educational institution.
- Sign up for the embARC mailing list.
- Visit the How to Apply page for more information.
- Contact email@example.com with questions.
After You Apply
- You will receive an admissions decision by email within one to two weeks of your application submission. You will be contacted by the CED Summer Programs Office if your application is missing any information.
If You Are Admitted
- You will receive an email from the CED Summer Programs Office with further instructions on how to register for the program.
- Once you register, you will receive an email from UCB Summer Sessions with instructions on how to activate your CalNet ID and you will be enrolled in embARC.
- Log in to CalCentral and pay tuition in full within 7 days of registration.
Before the program begins
- Join the CED Summer Facebook group and connect with your fellow participants.
- Check your email frequently and complete any pre-program readings and/or assignments as directed by the CED Summer Programs Office.
Visit the Summer Sessions International Student Services website for more support and resources available to international students.