CED welcomes and encourages non-U.S. citizens to participate in Disc*.
Disc*2021 will be offered online. International students are not required to acquire a student visa to attend.
English Proficiency Requirement
The minimum scores required by the University are as follows:
|Acceptable Test||Minimum Score|
|GRE (verbal score)||140|
You are exempt from the English Proficiency Requirement if:
- You are from one of the exempt countries. See the List of Exempt Countries.
- Your university has been granted an exemption based on an Affiliation agreement. Please check our list of International Registration Centers and ask your international adviser.
- You qualify for an English Proficiency Requirement Waiver.
International Student Application and Refund Deadlines
|December 15, 2020||Online application opens|
|May 15, 2021||Application deadline|
|June 18, 2021||Cancellation deadline: Contact the CED Summer Programs Office to cancel your enrollment by this date and you will receive a full refund.|
International Student Checklist
Before You Apply
- Read the above section on CED Summer Programs Fees, Refunds, and Deadlines policies.
- Read the above section regarding the English Proficiency Requirement.
- Read the above section on Visa Information.
- Research potential supplemental sources of funding from your government or educational institution. (Stipends for international students are partial and extremely limited.)
- Sign up for the Disc* mailing list.
- Visit the How to Apply page for more information.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
After You Apply
- You will receive an admissions decision by email within one to two weeks of your application submission. You will be contacted by the CED Summer Programs Office if your application is missing any information.
- If you are admitted to the program, you will receive further instructions on how to register.
- Once you register, you will receive an email with instructions on how to activate your CalNet ID and enroll in your courses.
- Log in to CalCentral and pay the full fee with a credit card within 7 days of enrollment.
Before the program begins
- Join the CED Summer Slack workspace and connect with your fellow participants.
- Check your email frequently and complete any pre-program readings and/or assignments as directed by the CED Summer Programs Office.