- Research Interests/Specializations
- Ordinary buildings and landscapes.
- History of housing.
- Cultural landscape studies.
- Vernacular architecture.
- Housing design.
Dissertation: Learning through Domestic Settings: Institutional Domesticity and the Making of Model Citizens (working title): My dissertation explores how two institutions (boarding schools) used domestic settings and practices to influence children’s behavior with the aim of making model citizens. I use methods from cultural landscape studies to understand how the values promoted by these schools were coded in the institutions’ spatial configurations, and how children learned these values. I read the spatial settings of the institutions studied as domestic space.
- M.Arch.II, McGill University, Canada.
- Professional degree in Architecture, Universidad de Los Andes, Colombia.
- Courses Taught
Spring 2016: An Historical Survey of Architecture and Urbanism - Arch 170B (Graduate Student Instructor for Margaret Crawford), UC Berkeley.
Fall 2015: Social and Cultural Processes in Architecture and Urban Design - Arch 110AC (Graduate Student Instructor for Galen Cranz), UC Berkeley.
Summer 2014: Bogotá’s Unit - Studio course (Professor), Universidad de Los Andes.
2008 – 2014: Architectural Composition Studio 1 (Professor), Universidad de Los Andes.
2010 – 2014: Architectural Composition Studio 2 (Professor), Universidad de Los Andes
2010 – 2014: Housing Studio (Professor), Universidad de Los Andes.
Summer 2013: Bogotá’s Unit - Analysis course (Professor), Universidad de Los Andes.
Summer 2011 – 2012: Experimental Housing Laboratory (Professor), Universidad de Los Andes.
2009 – 2010: Housing Theory (Professor), Universidad de Los Andes.
- Awards + Recognition
- COLCIENCIAS (Colombian Office of Science, Technology and Innovation) scholarship, Colombia, 2014.
- COLFUTURO scholarship, Colombia, 2014.
- Best Paper Award, ISVS-6 - 6th International Seminar on Vernacular Settlements. Contemporary Vernaculars: Places, Processes and Manifestations. North Cyprus, April 2012.
- COLFUTURO scholarship, Colombia, 2006.
- Meritorious Graduation Project, Universidad de Los Andes, September 2000.