- Research Interests/Specializations
Total Building Performance, Sustainable Healthcare Design, Passive Design, Natural Ventilation, Daylighting, Building Envelope, Energy Efficiency & Benchmarking
- M.Sc in Building Science, School of Design & Environment, National University of Singapore (2010)
- B.Arch, University of Madras, India (2001)
Haripriya Sathyanarayana is a PhD student in Architecture & Building Science at the University of California, Berkeley. Trained primarily as an architect, her professional experience also includes working as an environmentally sustainable design consultant in Singapore, during which she has worked on a number of sustainable healthcare projects and commercial green buildings in Singapore and rest of Asia. She is an accredited LEED professional, certified Green Mark Manager accredited by the Building Construction Authority, Singapore and certified GRIHA evaluator and trainer, India. She has developed courses on the Indoor Environmental Quality programme offered by SIM University, Singapore, and volunteered as a member of the taskforce at the Singapore Green Building Council. Her past experience also includes teaching undergraduate courses in architecture.
Her research agenda is centred around sustainable healthcare design; with particular focus on passive design strategies, energy efficiency, resilient design and patient comfort.
- Awards + Recognition
- Regents Fellowship for Graduate Study (PhD in Architecture) 2017, University of California, Berkeley
- Gold Medal, M.Sc Building Science in 2010
- Gold Medal, B.Arch., Sathyabama Engineering College in 2001