- Research Interests/Specializations
Research Interests: Evidence-based Design, Immersive Environments and Experience in Healthcare Spaces, Enhanced Patient and Family Experiences, Human-Centric Design, Smart Hospital Environments, Digital Technology and Disruptions in Healthcare, User Behavior, Healthcare Quality Care & Delivery.
Specializations: Total Building Performance, Sustainable Healthcare Design, Building Performance Simulations, Passive Design Strategies, Healing Environments.
- M.Sc in Building Science, School of Design & Environment, National University of Singapore (2010)
- B.Arch, University of Madras, India (2001)
Haripriya Sathyanarayanan is a Ph.D. student in Building Science, Technology and Sustainability with a Designated Emphasis (DE) in New Media, a Regents Fellow and a Smart Mentor. Her professional career has spanned architectural practice, consultancy and teaching. She worked as an environmentally sustainable design (ESD) consultant in Singapore on a number of sustainable healthcare projects that lured her into her PhD related to the design of healthcare environments. She has Evidence-based Design Accreditation and Certification (EDAC) and is a LEED AP (BD+C).
Her research agenda is centred around evidence-based design (EBD) and enhanced patient experiences through use of immersive experiences such as virtual reality/augmented reality/mixed reality in healthcare environments to inform spatial design of healthcare facilities through the use of collaborative design process.
- Courses Taught
Arch 240: Advanced Study of Energy and Environment
GSI - Spring 2019
Arch 149: Zero Energy Building
GSI - Summer 2019, 2018
- Awards + Recognition
- Regents Fellowship for Graduate Study (PhD in Architecture) 2017, University of California, Berkeley
- Gold Medal, M.Sc Building Science in 2010
- Gold Medal, B.Arch., Sathyabama Engineering College in 2001