- Research Interests/Specializations
Elnaz Tafrihi is a designer and a PhD student in Building Science program at UC Berkeley . Her background in daylight and energy simulation highlight Elnaz’s ability to inform the human relationship with the built environment. After receiving her Masters in design studies from Harvard, Elnaz worked in the energy consulting field on large scale projects including the Tianjin Juilliard School of Music, Dubai Expo 2020, and the Houston Museum of Fine Arts. Elnaz currently works on integration of building simulation in virtual reality.
- Master in Design Studies, Harvard University Graduate School of Design
- Master of Architecture, University of Utah
- Bachelor of Architectural Engineering, University of Art, Tehran
Elnaz is inspired by the way journeys – both physical and personal – influence a designer’s approach to architecture.
- Awards + Recognition
- T.Y Lin Prize in Architecture and Engineering
- Selected Publications
Heat-Actuated Auxetic Facades - Facade Tectonics 2018 World Congress
Localized Rigidification Through PCM Freezing - Facade Tectonics 2018 World Congress