The College of Environmental Design provides leadership to address the world’s most pressing urban challenges.
We do this through rigorous research and scholarship, design excellence, innovative pedagogy, open debate, craft and skill-building, critical and theoretical practice, and insights from both the academy and professional practice.
- Excellent and accessible public higher education
- Sustainable design, planning and urbanism
- Aesthetic quality, craft, and technological innovation
- Visionary yet pragmatic design practice
- Critical pedagogy and cross-disciplinary learning
- Social, economic, and environmental justice
- Ecological and public health
- Local-global engagement and activism
- Respect for place, community, and diversity
- Ethical professional practice and research