Welcome to the College of Environmental Design! Our college is home to a spectacular diversity of faculty, students and disciplines. Almost anywhere you see yourself, you’ll find that place here.
CED is part of one of the world’s premier public universities. UC Berkeley was ranked the #1 public university in the United States by U.S. News and World Report (2010), and #2 in the Ranking of World Universities. At UC Berkeley, you have access to dozens of exciting opportunities, including study abroad, public service, internships, leadership development programs, clubs, and sports. The University sits in the middle of one of the most innovative, globally focused, technologically savvy and beautiful areas of the country, which also happens to be home to some of the best design and planning firms.
Why study at CED?
- Top-rated programs
- Internationally recognized faculty
- Innovative and ever-changing design and planning studios
- Access to state-of the art resources like the CAD/CAM lab and fabrication shop
- International studio research and partnerships and education abroad in countries like Chile, Ecuador, Brazil, Mexico, Kenya, Egypt, Portugal, Korea, Vietnam, China or Thailand (to name a few recent examples)
- Strong connection to local professionals and internship opportunities
- Vibrant student life
- Diverse and committed students
- Room for electives, within and outside the college
- Preparation for professional and academic careers
Explore our programs and admissions processes to learn more: