Understanding the need for professionals with the knowledge and skills of more than one discipline within the fields of planning and design, the Department of City & Regional Planning offers a number of concurrent graduate degree programs with other departments and colleges at UC Berkeley.
Concurrent degree applications are reviewed separately by the graduate admissions committees of both departments. Students may be accepted into both graduate programs, into only one department’s program, or may be denied entry to both programs. Applicants to concurrent degree programs do not need to submit a paper copy of their GRE or TOEFL scores to the Department of City and Regional Planning if scores were submitted electronically to UC Berkeley.
Please see the links below for program descriptions and admissions information.
- Building and Site Design/Regional Planning (M.Arch. and M.C.P.)
- Environmental Planning (M.C.P. and M.L.A.)
- International and Area Studies (M.C.P./Ph.D. and M.A.)
- Law (M.C.P. and J.D.)
- Public Health (M.C.P. and M.P.H.)
- Transportation Engineering (M.C.P. and M.S.)
- Urban Design (M.C.P. and M.L.A.)
For questions about any of the concurrent programs, contact the DCRP graduate student affairs officers at email@example.com.