Research and coursework in the Master of Science in Architecture and Ph.D. in Architecture degree programs may be carried out within the following areas of study:
- Building Science and Sustainability
- Design Theories, Methods, and Practices
- Environmental Design and Urbanism in Developing Countries
- History of Architecture and Urbanism
- Social and Cultural Processes in Architecture and Urbanism
- Structures and Construction
Research topics outside of these fields or combinations of several areas may be undertaken subject to approval of the applicable departmental committees and if supported by qualified departmental faculty members.